Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sense of Place: Week One!

For the first week of working on my concentration theme, I stayed close to home to take pictures of what it's like living in the country. I worked on texture, different settings, different objects, and then I edited them so they looked somewhat close to the same colors, except for one. While editing these pictures, I tried to make them all have a country feel to them, which is why they're all sepia feeling, except for the first one. The first picture had a different feel to it, I felt like it was country enough with the chicken coop, when I edited it to sepia it wasn't as strong as if was in color.




1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you jumped in and started taking pictures of a variety of subjects. The door image has strong texture and leading lines. I think the low saturation color helps create a "country" mood. Can you clarify your concentration statement? Maybe you could say you grew up in the country and want to celebrate rural living through your images.The way it's worded now is a little confusing. You need to include principles of design you will use as well.

    ReplyDelete